For the butterfly I took a lot of inspiration from the picture found in the antique pattern library.
For the motifs on the back I used the diagrams found at this blog.
For the top edging I used the diagram found at this blog.
For the small flowers I took inspiration from the butterfly wings and top edging and made up my own flower.
The last pictures are of how I pieced it together.
For the base of the sleeve I used Luster Sheen. It is a beautiful peacock blue color that really does not show up well in the photos. I got it from an estate sale and I have been saving it for something special. For the lace part I used a worsted size ten thread. All together it probably took 10 hours. I made a lot of it while I watched all the episodes of Broad Church. A very good BBC Mystery.
I know this will be something I keep for a very long time.
More Inspiring Projects You Will Love
Finding Inspiration in Nature
Lacy Japanese Lantern
I love this. Thank you for posting. I have been struggling with repairing a very old Irish lace table cloth. Seeing what you have done has given me inspiration. Now I have a new way of fixing some of the larger tears, I like how you pieced everything together. The finished product is beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done.ReplyDelete
I'm so happy you found some inspiration. Good luck on your table clothDelete
Wow ! Very nice...Thanks for sharing..ReplyDelete